Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Breakfast Bento!

Hello there! I have been getting request from my oldest daughter to make her a breakfast bento. She doesn't have a lot of time in the mornings and it is so early when she leaves she isn't ready to eat. She is a Junior in high school and her teachers are all onboard for letting the kids snack. I decided this was a great idea. A healthy breakfast can make a difference. It gives kids the energy they need to get through the day and make good grades. In preparation for our new breakfast bentos I ordered a set of boxes from Lunchbots. The set includes the uno, duo and trio boxes. These are the standard boxes for Lunchbots. They also now have a bigger box that is great for packing bigger meals for your kids and yourself. I also have three of the bigger boxes as well. These boxes are great! Here is our very first breakfast bento!


 
In this breakfast bento she has fresh baked blueberry muffins, honey roasted sunflower seeds and grapes. I used Duncan Hines Simple Mornings blueberry muffin mix. I love this mix. It is all natural and is made with only real ingredients. It is the perfect mix for when you don't have time to make them from scratch. The house smelled great. A house with treats in the oven is like heaven.
 
I will be bringing you a few special lunches this week as we celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday all week at school. The kids are all excited. Even the oldest wants a Seuss lunch! I will leave you on this note until you visit next.
 

1 comment: