Tuesday, August 26, 2014

French Toast Sticks and My 100th Post!

Hey! Hey! Today is post #100!What better way to do a 100th post than for back to school!We have just one week until school starts here. Just one week! A couple of the kids are excited, a couple could care less. I am torn. I am somewhat glad they go back in a week and somewhat sad. My oldest is a senior this year and that makes me very weepy. My middle girl starts Middle School and that makes me a little weepy also. My babies go to fourth grade. So they are still my babies for another two years.

Life has been really busy with all the back to school shopping and preparation. I have been shopping six times! I still have to grab a few last minute items this weekend. Then make another trip next week after I find out what the oldest girl needs in addition to what I have already gotten. I also have to tag everything with names. This year I will also be using waterproof labels to keep track of all of our lunch gear and I still haven't done that yet. Procrastination. Naw! I have just run short on time! LOL

Today I started stocking the freezer with breakfast foods for convenience. We have decided to stop buying and eating any food that has the following. High fructose corn syrup, Artificial dyes, Artificial preservatives or just plain old artificial ingredients. That means I will be doing a lot of baking and cooking. So for the preparation of hectic mornings I made: Four gallon bags of French toast sticks,(about 130 sticks) Two gallon bags of waffle sticks(about 60) and twenty waffles that can be popped in the toaster. After I had all that done I whipped up a batch of homemade Shake n Bake for chicken and popped potatoes in the oven to bake. The oldest girl did clean-up for me. Which I was sure grateful for because this mama was worn out.

I served up warm French toast sticks with syrup, apple slices and ham roll-ups for lunch. Yummy!



Hey, I had to have them do a taste test to make sure all my work wasn't for nothing! They loved them.

Later this week I plan on making dough for all my homemade crackers so I can just pull one out the freezer, thaw, cut and bake. I am all about healthy eating being convenient. If I have to utilize my freezers, So be it. Have a great start for back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment