Sunday, January 3, 2016

First Lunches Of The New Year!

Hello there! I trust you all had a wonderful holiday and winter break! We did but I am so ready for the troops to head back to school. Our oldest daughter still has two weeks left before her second semester begins. She's looking forward to peace and quiet so she can catch up on some reading. I am looking forward to getting things organized around here, and of course the peace and quiet. So let's talk lunch and today I have a recipe for you also.

I made three lunches for today. The first is for my youngest girl. I thought she could us a bit of whimsy. She has a mermaid princess lunch today.



She has a ham sandwich, cashews, grapes, oranges, cucumbers, peppers, and carrots.

This is my moms favorite lunch. She asked me a few months ago to come up with a chicken salad recipe because she didn't like the store bought versions anymore.


This is lunch for my daughters boyfriend. He has croissants with chicken salad, grapes, an orange, peppers, carrots, and cucumbers. He also has a bag of plain chips, a cheese stick, and a water.


This is lunch for my mom. She has croissants, chicken salad, cucumbers, carrots, grapes and an orange.

Now here is my recipe for chicken salad.

Chicken Salad

1 large can of chicken breast or rotisserie chicken pulled from bone
20 or so grapes, halved
1/4 cup almond slivers, pecans or walnuts ( I used almond slivers)
2-3 tablespoons of mayo
salt and pepper to taste

Drain chicken and place in bowl, shred chicken. Place the rest of the ingredients in the bowl and mix well. Pile high on your favorite bread or wrap. You can even use lettuce leaves. Enjoy!

It's such a simple and yummy recipe. It only takes minutes to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment